Announced at the closing ceremony on May 18, the awards reflect Preferred’s long-term commitment to independent hotels and highlight member hotels’ sustainability and philanthropic efforts. Among hotels in Japan, “Keio Plaza Hotel” in Tokyo won the Hotel of the Year award.
Lindsay Ueberroth, Chief Executive Officer of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, said: “It is an honor to present this award to an outstanding hotelier whose team has a deep commitment and passion for the hospitality industry, creating memories that will last a lifetime. “. “As we celebrate our 55th anniversary, we are proud to represent the many independent hotels around the world, supporting them in delivering the very best in guest service and driving initiatives that have a positive impact on local and global communities. I think.”
The ceremony, held at the Royal Pavilion at Half Moon Montego Bay Beach Resort, featured speakers including Sheria Johnson, CEO of Salamander Hotels & Resorts, Jordyn Green of Signature Travel Network, and independent luxury hotel guests from around the world. More than 200 hospitality industry leaders attended, including hundreds of business owners.
CEO Lindsay Ueberroth and President Michelle Woodley launched the Great Initiatives for Today’s and Tomorrow’s Society (GIFTTS) program, which was started in 2007 by the Ueberroth family. Nominated for a GIFTTS Pineapple Award. Subsequently won the Preferred Award of Excellence, as well as New Hotel of the Year, I Prefer Hotel of the Year, Hotelier of the Year and Shiji ReviewPro Online Reputation Management Awards.
2023 GIFTTS Pineapple Award Winners
Part of Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ GIFTTS program, the awards recognize excellence in philanthropy, the environment and community. This year’s nominated facilities truly embody the meaning of the conference’s theme “Hospitality,” delivering hospitality to the community and beyond. More than 50 properties were divided into four categories, and here are the 2023 winners:
· Charity: La Casa de la Playa (Legend Collection) – Quintana Roo, Mexico
· Sustainability: The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong The Fullerton Ocean Park Hotel Hong Kong (Legendary Collection) – Hong Kong
· Socially Responsible Hospitality Sector: Porta Hotel Antigua (Lifestyle Collection) – Antigua, Guatemala
· Corporate Social Responsibility Category: Lefay Resorts (Lefay Resort & Spa Lago di Garda and Lefay Resort & SPA Dolomiti; both Legend Collection) – Italy
For more information on GIFTTS, visit www.preferredhotels.com/giftts.
2023 Preferred Choice Award of Excellence
The awards recognize excellence among Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ more than 650 properties. This year’s 12 category winners are:
· Hotel of the Year: Chatham Bars Inn (Legend Collection) – Chatham, Massachusetts, USA
· Hotel of the Year (US and Canada): The Hermitage Hotel (Legend Collection) – Nashville, Tennessee, USA
· Hotel of the Year (South America): Hotel Unique (Legend Collection) – São Paulo, Brazil
· Hotel of the Year (Mexico, Central America, Caribbean): Porta Hotel Antigua (Lifestyle Collection) – Antigua, Guatemala
· Hotel of the Year (Europe): Casa di Langa (LVX Collection) – Lange, Piedmont, Italy
· Hotel of the Year (Asia Pacific): EQ (LVX Collection) – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· Hotel of the Year (South Asia, Middle East and Africa): The Imperial, New Delhi (Legend Collection) – New Delhi, India
· New Hotel (Resort) of the Year: Aurora Anguilla Resort & Golf Club (LVX Collection) – Rondeau Bay, Anguilla
· New Hotel of the Year (City Hotel): The Wall Street Hotel (LVX Collection) – New York, NY, USA
· I prefer Hotel of the Year: Keio Plaza Hotel (Lifestyle Collection) – Tokyo, Japan
· Hotelier of the Year: Stephen Johnston (General Manager and Managing Director, Boston Harbor Hotel) – Boston Harbor Hotel (Legend Collection)
· Shiji ReviewPro Online Reputation Management Award: The Social House (Lifestyle Series) – Nairobi, Kenya
Nominations for each award are based on Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ comprehensive quality assurance program (third-party on-site inspections, real-time guest feedback from the world’s top consumer review sites, etc.) cooperate. Preferred Hotels & Resorts will have nominees selected for each category by each regional leadership team, and an awards committee chaired by the Uberus family will determine the winners.
* As the world’s largest “independent hotel brand” May 2023, internal research
About Preferred Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest independent hotel brand. More than 650 unique hotels, resorts, residences and specialty hotel groups in 80 countries. Preferred Hotels & Resorts’ five global hotel collections offer discerning guests unique luxury hotel experiences to suit their lifestyle, travel and event needs. Under the Preferred Hotels & Resorts Comprehensive Quality Assurance Program, all member properties are required to maintain the highest quality and unrivaled levels of service. The I Prefer™ Hotel Rewards Program, Preferred Residences, Preferred Families, Preferred Pride and Preferred Golf offer a range of valuable benefits for guests looking for unique experiences. For more information, visit www.PreferredHotels.com.